RALEIGH, NC — April 18, 2018 – Stromasys, Inc., the global leader in legacy system virtualization solutions, today announced the launch of its OpenVMS Operating System support on both the original VAX hardware and emulated platforms. This new initiative complements its virtualized Charon VAX platform. It is a seamless service solution that guarantees the legacy hardware clients an outstanding ongoing service experience.
The primary role of this additional support offering is to assist this passionate community of software professionals in keeping their mission-critical applications and systems running smoothly around the clock. The classic VAX/ OpenVMS OS clients will benefit from the launch of the new Support platform through:
1) Industry- leading service levels and response times.
2) Support during standard business hours on a global basis.
3) Multiple support channels to make sure any event is logged, processed, and resolved.
“We approached the new offering as a way to support a thriving software community,” said John Prot, CEO of Stromasys. “We welcome all OpenVMS OS customers to the Stromasys family and are excited to provide support to those customers still utilizing VAX physical or emulated hardware to run mission-critical applications. By providing ongoing support to classic systems, the organizations can keep moving forward with their company’s key business initiatives and with increasing their footprint.”
The leading provider of legacy hardware emulation solutions in the world with an installed base of more than 70 countries, Stromasys has the skills, experience, personnel and resources to support the OpenVMS customer base. With the addition of the new support offering, Stromasys will have the capabilities to service and support organizations utilizing VAX physical and emulated servers running OpenVMS globally.
About Stromasys, Inc.:
Stromasys is a pioneer in enterprise-class cross-platform legacy server emulation solutions, providing modern infrastructure for legacy applications. Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland with sales, engineering, and research and development offices located around the world, Stromasys has cross-platform virtualization implementations in over 70 countries to help organizations lower costs, protect their investments, improve performance, reduce risk, and provide easier maintenance.
Our virtualized environments include:
• Charon PDP- Virtualization/ Emulation of PDP-11 systems.
• Charon VAX- Virtualization/ Emulation of VAX/ VMS configurations.
• Charon AXP- Virtualization/Emulation of Alpha/ VMS/ Tru64 solutions.
• Charon HPA- Virtualization/ Emulation of HP 3000/ MPE technologies.
• Charon SSP- Virtualization/ Emulation of SPARC/ SunOS/ Solaris infrastructure.
• Charon on the Cloud- Virtualization/ Emulation of SPARC, Alpha, VAX, and HP 3000 environments in the cloud.
For more information on Stromasys, call 919-239-8450, or visit at https://www.stromasys.com/.
Chief Marketing Officer