The Stromasys Community (The “Community”) is a family of online sub-communities comprised of discussion forums, information sharing about products and services, virtualization software and technology and services provided by Stromasys, SA and its subsidiaries, such as Stromasys Inc. (collectively, “Stromasys”).
The purpose of the community is to provide a forum of interested users of legacy, hardware virtualization and related products and services and for participants in Stromasys programs such as beta programs, user groups to exchange information and to generally build enthusiasm for software and technology in the virtualization ecosystem.
Stromasys is committed to protecting your privacy while continuously improving the products and services we offer to you.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the purpose and the manner you interact with us, we may collect personal data relating to you (and/or which allows us to identify you), including information you actively give us (e.g. name, address, phone number, email address, purchase and transaction information and history, information regarding your preferences and interests, customer service information) or information that are collected with the use of automated means, or indirectly collected from you or from third-parties websites or social networks (e.g. browser name, IP address) (hereafter the “Personal Data”). Apart from the cases where the processing of your Personal Data may be necessary for complying with a legal or contractual obligation or for security purposes, we collect (or otherwise process) your Personal Data only if and to the extent that you have given us your explicit consent to such processing for one or more specific purposes, regardless of any statutory or contractual requirements.
USE AND STORAGE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may use the Personal Data you provide us for the following purposes:
- Marketing and promotional purposes: send you personal invitations to Stromasys events as well as targeted corporate and marketing communications (including content and news from the Stromasys Community, flyers, white papers, ???), adapted to your interests and personal preferences; Send you the Stromasys e-newsletter for you to be the first to know about our solutions, events, initiatives and personalized services.
- Business purposes: process your orders, purchases and deliveries; provide you with customer services.
- Support purposes: provide you with information about our products and services; answer to your requests; administer maintain and optimize our Stromasys platforms, provide support and security services.
- Legal purposes: prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities and guarantee the security of or Stromasys platforms offices; comply with our billing and accounting requirements and other legal or regulatory obligations.
Unless required by law for another time period, we will store or otherwise process your Personal Data as long as it is necessary to satisfy the here above described purposes and insofar as you do not withdraw your consent for their processing, either for one or several purposes (by any of the means described below under the “How to contact us?” section).
SHARING AND TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will never sell or rent to any third parties your Personal Data. We may only share your Personal Data within the Stromasys Group and with third parties in the few following cases:
- With service providers for supporting us in our business operations (e.g. to deliver products and services, for the organization of events or for sending our Stromasys e-newsletter, to support, manage and maintain our Stromasys platforms, mitigate risk, help prevent fraud and promote trust and security);
- With a third party, a court or a regulator if it is required by law or in connection with a legal claim or proceeding or to fight against fraud.
We expect all these third parties to provide necessary guarantees of confidentiality and security and to take appropriate organisational and technical measures in compliance with the applicable laws. Our service providers have no right to access or use your Personal Data on their behalf. They may only process them according to and within the limits of our instructions.
Any transfer of your Personal Data to a third country (outside Switzerland and EU) will be only executed if the competent authorities have confirmed the adequacy of the level of protection of such country or if we can offer you other appropriate safeguards. You can obtain additional information on such appropriate safeguards by contacting us (see below how to contact us).
We inform you of the following rights regarding your Personal Data:
- the right to access to the Personal Data collected about you;
- the right to ask for the correction of your Personal Data;
- the right to object to the processing (whole or part of it) of your Personal Data;
- the right to ask for the deletion of your Personal Data, in particular when you do not consent anymore (and you have the right to withdraw your consent anytime) to the processing of your Personal Data;
- the right to limit the processing (alternative to the deletion) of your Personal Data;
- the right to ask for the transfer of your Personal Data to another electronic processing system;
- the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing;
- the right to lodge any complaint that you may have with a supervisory authority.
These rights may be subject to exceptions or limitations (e.g. when your Personal Data has been processed for security purposes or stored for legal or contractual obligations).
HOW TO CONTACT US?
Data Protection Officer, Avenue Louis-Casaï 84, 5th Floor, 1216 Cointrin, Geneva, or by signing the Consent Withdrawal in the Client Form (for withdrawing your consent only).
You must abide by the following rules of conduct:
- Do not engage in any unlawful conduct in the Community. In particular, do not post, publish, or distribute any defamatory, obscene, infringing or other unlawful material or information in the community.
- Treat others in the community as you would expect them to treat you. Do not engage in personal attacks or any type of “flaming” of other users. Do not “troll”, i.e., post topics or opinions that are designed to provoke a negative response from one or more specific users.
- Do not use offensive language. If you have any doubts about whether a particular statement might be considered offensive by other users, do not post it.
- Do not engage in disruptive activity in the Community, such as persistent off-topic contributions or comments, or statements that might incite other users to violate these guidelines or participate in illegal activities.
- Do not contribute content that contains photos, software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity, or any other applicable law unless You own or have rights to these materials.
- Do not post any instructions, software or other materials that would allow participants or third parties to harm other users’ computers or to inappropriately access software or websites.
- Do not post any computer programs that contain destructive features, such as viruses, worms or Trojan horses. Do not employ any type of bots for the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities that might disrupt online communication.
- Do not falsely impersonate any other person in the forum, including Stromasys employees or agents.
- Do not use the Community to spam other users, including sending identical and irrelevant submissions to many different discussion groups, mailing lists or communities.
- Do not misrepresent the source of anything you contribute.
- Do not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Stromasys.
- Any space provided to you in the Community is for your own personal use, and may not be sold, licensed, exchanged or bartered for any purpose, including advertisements.
- You are responsible and liable for ail your activities while participating in the Stromasys Community, including anything you contribute.
- Do not rely on the Community for the safe or secure storage of any materials, such as photos, documents and software. The Community is not designed as the primary place to store any of these materials, and Stromasys is not responsible for the alteration, deletion or loss of any stored items. Create back-ups for any materials that You contribute to the Community.
- Stromasys reserves the right to remove at any time, without notice, any contribution that violates these guidelines. Stromasys also reserves the right at any time, without notice, to ban a user who has violated these rules of conduct from any sub-community or ail Community forums.
- Some participants may post Internet website links in the Community forum. Stromasys is not responsible for the content on the websites associated with these links. In addition, Stromasys reminds You that some content and links on the Internet contain inappropriate material, such as malware or adult content that is not suitable for children or may be offensive to some users.
- You are responsible for any actions you may take based on information or advice you receive while online. Use your own good judgment when evaluating information provided through
the Community or any other communication service. The decision to share information or conduct transactions with anyone is your own; therefore conduct your own research prior to making any decisions.
There are opportunities for You as a user of the Community to actively participate by creating, providing, sharing and uploading information to the Community such as comments, ideas or
Any Contributions provided by you to the Community may be editable and freely used by Stromasys and other users. Ways in which your Contributions may be used include, but are not limited to, creating comments, articles, documents, FAQs or knowledge bases. For example, users may incorporate discussion threads written by other users into new documents. Additionally, users may
A “cookie” is a small data file transferred by a website to your computer’s hard drive. Stromasys or its service providers send cookies when you surf our site or sites where our ads appear, make purchases, request or personalize information, or register yourself for certain services. Accepting the cookies used on our site, sites that are “powered by” another company on Stromasys’ behalf, or sites where our ads appear may give us access to information about your browsing behavior, which we may use to personalize your experience. Cookies are typically classified as either “session” cookies or “persistent” cookies.
- Session cookies do not stay on your computer after You close your browser.
selectively accept cookies by adjusting the preferences in your browser. If you turn off cookies, there may be some features of our site that will not be available to you and some Web pages may not display properly.
ln certain countries You may also adjust your Stromasys.com and associated cookie preferences by using a preference manager tool in this Statement which is available from the site You are visiting.
You can find information on popular browsers and how to adjust your cookie preferences in the help and support section of your browser.
VIII. Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
Stromasys respects the intellectual property rights of ethers, and we ask our Community members do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on a Stromasys web site or Community site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a notice to our copyright agent providing the following information:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, such as the URL where it is posted
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf Stromasys’ copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows. Note: This contact information is solely for reporting copyright infringement.
Avenue Louis-Casaï 84
1216 Cointrin (Geneva) Switzerland