Charon, the first solution to emulate legacy to SPARC, Alpha, VAX, and PA-RISC critical systems is available for Google cloud subscription.
With Charon on the Google Cloud, your original applications, databases, and operating systems, remain unchanged. There is no modification or re-certification required. The original hardware is eliminated and the applications run as usual on the Google cloud with our “lift and shift” solution.
Why Charon on the Google Cloud?
- A safety net for eventual legacy application modernization
- Lower maintenance costs
- Ultra-fast back ups
- Elimination of related-capital expenditures
- Business continuity and disaster recovery advantages
- Higher availability
Get all the usual benefits of Charon solutions, including:
- Reduced risk
- Lower costs
- Potential improved performance
Get more information about Charon in the Google cloud:
- Demo of virtual SPARC for Solaris workloads on the Google Cloud Platform
- Explained: Legacy server emulation (on-prem or in the Cloud)
- Charon in the Cloud datasheet
- White paper: Migrating Legacy Apps to the Cloud
- Customer Success Story: UNITEC Modernizes SPARC servers by migrating Solaris apps to Charon-SSP on Google Cloud in 24 days