Improve Virtual Network Management with Legacy SPARC Emulation: CHARON-SSP Version 1.0.34 -- and introducing CHARON-SSP/4U PLUS
We have now released our newest version of CHARON-SSP: Version 1.0.34.
If you are currently running CHARON-SSP and have an active support contract, contact the Stromasys Sales Team or your Stromasys Partner to request your upgrade.
Benefits of CHARON-SSP Version 1.0.34:
- Improved virtual network management on host
- Improved X11 start-up
In addition, the following updates were released with our 1.0.34 Beta releases earlier this fall:
- Mapping host hard disk or partition to virtual disk image by hard disk serial ID
- Better support on SCSI command pass through
- Improved performance in LOAD/STORE instructions
- Fixed booting problem in Solaris 10 u4 and u7
- Added Solaris idle support
- Optimized DIT for memset()function in C library
- Improved OpenBoot emulation
- Big improvement database application performance
- Optimized page last instruction handling in DIT
- SCSI: Response with unsupported opcode in mode sense(10) command
- Implemented dedicated interrupt thread for interrupt housekeeping
Furthermore, we are glad to announce the release of CHARON-SSP/4U PLUS, our new solution for SPARC systems that runs on hardware and provides equivalent 1GHz SPARC CPU frequency:
- CHARON-SSP/4U performance level on Intel v3 Processors @ 3.6 GHz is equivalent to 700+ MHz SPARC CPU frequency.
- Introduction of new CHARON-SSP/4U+ that relies on Intel VT-x/EPT to provide 1GHz of equivalent SPARC CPU frequency when running on Intel v3 Processors @ 3.6GHz. Refer to SPD for features and SPEC2000 results.
CHARON-SSP/4U PLUS requires dedicated hardware and cannot be installed in a Virtual Machine. It is distributed as barebone on a customized Linux.
Interested in more information about CHARON-SSP?
The Stromasys Support Team