Charon, the first solution to emulate legacy to SPARC, PA-RISC VAX, and Alpha systems, is available for Azure cloud subscription.
With Charon on the Azure Cloud, your original applications, databases, and operating systems remain unchanged. There is no modification or re-certification required. The original hardware is eliminated, and the applications run as usual on the Azure cloud with our “lift and shift” solution.
Why Charon on the Azure Cloud?
- A safety net for eventual legacy application modernization
- Lower maintenance costs
- Ultra-fast backups
- Elimination of related-capital expenditures
- Business continuity and disaster recovery advantages
- Higher availability
Get all the usual benefits of Charon solutions, including:
- Reduced risk
- Lower costs
- Potential for improved performance
Get More Information:
- With Azure and Stromasys, The Register presents: Legacy server emulation as a bridge to app modernization
- The Charon-SSP Solaris emulator on Azure VMs
- Guide from Microsoft: Stromasys Charon-SSP Solaris Emulator Azure Setup Guide
- White paper from Microsoft: Stromasys legacy server emulation on Azure; Running application designed for SPARC, Alpha, VAX, PDP-11, and PA-RISC systems