Charon, the first solution to emulate legacy to SPARC, Alpha, VAX, and PA-RISC critical system is available for Azure cloud subscription.
With Charon on the Azure Cloud, your original applications, databases, and operating systems, remain unchanged. There is no modification or re-certification required. The original hardware is eliminated, and the applications run as usual on the Azure cloud with our “lift and shift” solution.
Why Charon on the Azure Cloud?
- A safety net for eventual legacy application modernization
- Lower maintenance costs
- Ultra-fast back ups
- Elimination of related-capital expenditures
- Business continuity and disaster recovery advantages
- Higher availability
- Choice of cloud providers
Get all the usual benefits of Charon solutions, including:
- Reduced risk
- Lower costs
- Potential improved performance
Get more information on the Microsoft Azure cloud:
- The Charon-SSP Solaris emulator on Azure VMs
- Guide from Microsoft: Stromasys Charon-SSP Solaris Emulator Azure Setup Guide
- White paper from Microsoft: Stromasys legacy server emulation on Azure; Running application designed for SPARC, Alpha, Vax, PDP-11, and PA-RISC systems
- Customer success story on the Microsoft blog: Legacy alpha application gets a new life as SaaS on Microsoft Azure