CHARON-VAX creates a virtual VAX environment on a standard Windows or Linux based host system. This allows Stromasys customers to quickly, easily and safely replace aging and increasingly expensive DEC hardware with an enterprise-grade virtual VAX environment on an industry-standard x86 platform.
For this, no risky migration projects are required and no changes to the original software (operating system, layered products, or applications) procedures nor handling have to be applied. For almost every VAX that was ever manufactured, Stromasys offers a CHARON-VAX equivalent.
The Benefits Of Virtualization
Virtualization becomes your best solution thanks to:
- Business continuity, thanks to minimal disruption during migration processes.
- Reduced risk of unplanned downtime.
- Lower costs than a full migration.
- Improved performance, since Stromasys’ solutions bring your applications to the 21st century.
- Data center consolidation